August 28, 2013

progress & plans

Hi guys! I'd love to share some preliminary plans on my newest clients' rooms. We're technically working on two rooms, but the living room includes a separate office nook which we're carving out of a corner, so it's taking the form of its own separate, cozy area - which I love! Let's walk through the plans so far...

I'll be excited to share before and afters of this one! The walls are painted a pretty pale gray, but this color actually does nothing for the room. There's not much natural light, and the color reads a little flat. I initially was stuck (really stuck) on painting the walls, but for multiple reasons this wasn't the smartest choice for now. So... I have my work cut out for me and am looking forward to the challenge! This room design will be a great example of the power of strategically placed lighting, as well as the right dose of color and textures bringing new life to a room. My clients want to keep the amount of color minimal, and I'm really excited about the direction of this calm palette. This design layout you see above is actually missing a couple of VERY fun elements we'll likely include, so stay tuned for these thrilling updates. ;)

This also does not capture the complete plan, but most of the major pieces. They already have a really great sofa which is similar to the one pictured, but a tad less boxy - this is just a placeholder to help with the visual. The living room's size is cozy to say the least, and we need to squeeze every inch of useful space out of it! The piano is there already, and all three family members use it daily (how cool is that?!) They're looking for more storage, which the upholstered bench provides. We're bouncing around a few additional storage ideas and will see how this all shakes out.  As you can see, we're keeping the color scheme simple here as well - they're really drawn to a calm, neat look, especially in the tight quarters of this space. 

Most of the office area's exact pieces are still up in the air - these are items representing the general feel we're going for. I'm on the lookout for a really interesting table/desk and am super optimistic about finding the perfect one. When you walk around the corner into their living space, this nook is straight ahead, and we're looking for the desk to act as a bit of a statement piece. Unique, at least. I'll know it when I see it - can't wait! This nook needs to be a super duper organized/storage powerhouse as well, thus the different types of shelves anywhere we can squeeze them in!

So, there's the brief and extremely abbreviated summary for you! Can't wait to share more as they develop. Would love to hear what you think!

Interested in working together to make your home the best it can be? I'm currently scheduling projects for Fall and Winter 2013Contact me at katiegaviganinteriors@gmail.com for rates & availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I appreciate you!