August 13, 2014

pretty details and moments

I love details. And layers. Mixing patterns and textures. Interesting combinations that catch the eye with delight and maybe a bit of surprise. My eye tends to search, wander for the new, the unique, the bold. There's so much beauty at fingers' reach today that I find myself craving the unexpected. I've seen designers at both of the ends of this spectrum -- there are those who, exposed to color all day long, crave a calm and neutral space to come home to. I fall into the opposite extreme. I need visual interest and stimulation. In our small home, too many layers easily turn into visual clutter, so I have to keep this in check and am constantly rotating and editing. But the little moments of fun are what bring character and a personal touch to a home, and I love them. And because I love seeing these peeks into others' homes - the corners that often escape the camera's lens - I thought it would be fun to take a little tour of details through our house. 












If you're interested in working together to make your home a place you love, please contact me for 
more information at katiegaviganinteriors@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Your home is beautiful. I really love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I appreciate you!