February 26, 2013

entry hall

Happy Tuesday! It was my birthday yesterday, and to celebrate we took a little drive north to Healdsburg on Saturday. After brunch, we hit three huge and amazing antique stores...pretty much my dream birthday :) My husband was sooooooo sweet and stayed by my side for hours as I discovered treasure after treasure. What a fun day! 

It was really hard to narrow it down to a few items to bring home with us, but I tried to be practical and focus on something we needed. The situation inside our front door hasn't been the most user-friendly. Since we moved in, we had a wall hook/rack which worked but was really no match for our coats, scarves, bags, etc. SO, I was thrilled to find this beauty!


Sorry - it's hard to get a good photo since the hall is so narrow!


I love it! Look at the amazing details - gorgeous, right? And it's in really great shape. Great little investment, I say.  The above photos happened before I loaded it up, so you can see how pretty. But let's be honest, it's most often going to look more like this:


I love all the hooks and spindles - so many places to drape a scarf or bag!

While I was taking these photos, I realized that I don't think I've shared our green hallway with you previously. We painted it over a year ago and I still love it.


I'm such a big fan of some glossy black trim and doors and think they work especially well in this space.


 I'm not in love with the light fixtures and hope to switch them out sometime this year....


The black brings some drama to this tight space while keeping the look crisp. It's kind of difficult to capture the actual green of these walls with the tight quarters and limited natural light, but the above is pretty close. I seriously love this green and have not grown tired of the walls one bit in over a year (pretty unusual for me!!).


And the end of the hall looks like this (below) at the moment. Miraculously, this little situation hasn't changed since the we painted the green - I really like this little collection and have left it much longer than most art arrangements in our house. However....I've started to think about a switch-up so thought I better share it now! :)


So....would you ever consider green walls? And how do you keep your entry area(s) neat and tidy? I'd love to hear!


I have availability for projects this spring and would love to work with you!  
Contact me at katiegaviganinteriors@gmail.com for rates & package options.


6 comments:

  1. GREAT POST:)
    Your blog is so wonderful..do you have twitter or fb??

    If you want some cute swedish decor inspiration...check out my blog:)

    Have a great day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I will definitely check out your swedish inspiration soon! :) I am on facebook and twitter but need to update a few things there...will let you know when they're ready :) Thanks so much for asking, and for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Hannah - they're from Urban Outfitters! Fun, huh? They used to be in our dining room but I'm compulsively moving things around! (you can see dining room pics here if you're interested: http://katiegaviganinteriors.blogspot.com/2012/10/dining-room-tour-at-creative-day.html)

      Delete
  3. What a great find for your entry hall!! It is just great, it adds texture and detail and is airy enough not to visually impose!! And I just love the green with the dark doors!!
    Hi from Romania!!
    Ozana
    houseatheart.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I appreciate you!