October 7, 2014

color couples with Chairish

Chairish has quickly become one of my favorite go-to sources to find unique pieces for clients.  They've done an amazing job curating a diverse, interesting and practical inventory…and the fact that it's ever-evolving makes it that much more impressive. I can always count on finding just the thing, whether it's an accent chair, lighting or accent tables.

What you might not know is, they also have a blog. When they recently asked me to share their post on "color couples," I was happy to do so! The color pairings they've pulled together, below, got my wheels turning about interesting color combos. First, I was inspired to pull together some of my favorite images highlighting Chairish's featured "color couples"…









Then, I couldn't help but have some fun with a little color exercise of my own.  I set out to create a couple of rooms featuring bits of pink or purple, with the goal that the rooms not feel feminine… and of course using a few key pieces found on Chairish!




I realize not every guy would go for this, but it was fun to find masculine elements to ground the pink found in the rug. To me, the velvet lumbar pillow kind of bridges the gap between the pink family and the darker tones. And while the artwork has softer tones to help bring the room together, it feels very edgy and masculine. The deep-seated linen sofa keeps things from getting too serious - comfort is always a priority in my book. (For some fun accent chair browsing, be sure to pop over to their site -- I'm telling you, so many great pieces!!)


For this simple, sophisticated dining room, I imagined the artwork as the starting point. Pull in a subtle purple rug and then pile on some stylish neutrals.


Which color pairings are inspiring you lately? With the change of seasons, are you feeling darker colors, or maybe neutrals? Don't be afraid of color... life's too short for that.


Interested in working together to make your home a place you love? Contact me for 
more information at katiegaviganinteriors@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I appreciate you!